Are you trying to enjoy your favourite wedding blogs and just finding that everything is the same these days?
We kind of feel that way too. It’s like everyone is churning out the same styled shoot and colours over and over again and it’s getting really boring.
One of the major factors that made us fall in love with weddings is the creativity and options out there – beyond the super strict traditional wedding. You have the opportunity to really have a wedding day filled with things that you love and not just what’s expected. But if you’re searching for ideas and motivation and looking for wedding suppliers to book, where do you find them if you feel uninspired? Exactly.
Having a wedding which is completely pretty and Pinterest worthy DOES NOT mean it has to be a huge budget either! Heck no!
There are tonnes of creative suppliers working in the wedding industry who charge pretty similar but bring so much more to the table! You’ve got caterers with food displays that are beyond exciting and magical, like Kalm Kitchen. Seriously, take a look at their instagram feed or work with Millbridge Court like this Spring Soiree, which is always exciting. You’ve got stylists that can work on your ideas with you. And you’ve got Photographers like ourselves who mesh styling into their work and go above and beyond just capturing the same old shot that anyone could get – but creating an dreamy setting and something far more pretty and thoughtful.
Our point is that we’re a little bored.
And that must mean that you guys are too!
When James was doing some blog research this week, he said how there was nothing interesting or different and my heart sunk with the same feeling. I personally feel that suppliers need to step up if you’re doing an ‘inspirational shoot’ then it needs to be that. When you look across the pond at those on Once Wed, Green Wedding Shoes and The Lane – wow they are on another level – and that’s the kind of weddings we want to work with.
So we’re seriously stepping up our game for our beautiful couples and can’t wait for you to see some of the shoots we have planned that really do have what YOU want to see in mind. We’re planning two shoots which will inspire you with fashionable bridal style and also incredible decor for the stylish couples who want to sprinkle personality and that bit of something different into their wedding.
In the mean time, if you’re feeling unmotivated or blah about finding inspirations here are 3 tips:
- Create your own moodboards! get your creative flair on and gather images and ideas you do love from Pinterest, your fave blogs and create your very own inspiration boards with your favourite picks.
- Take a break from blogs and social media for a week if you can so you feel refreshed
- Brainstorm together over a coffee what you want your wedding to feel like. Jot down words, colours, how the atmosphere feels and ideas that pop up along the way to create this. Then next time you’re looking online for inspiration – see what fits with this vision.
We’ll leave you with some great features we have seen recently which you might like too:
- A moody sophiticated wedding inspiration with a minimalist aesthetic on Magnolia Rouge
- Tokyo Dawn, a shoot for fashionable brides, minimalist decor, seriously artistic florals and a palette of white with pale green via BLOVED
- An awesome shoot with an industrial luxe feel perfect for Barn weddings, and a palette of blush pink and white.
We love the relaxed yet super stylish feel of this one on BLOVED
Image Credits . Photography: Catharine Noble Photography . Planning + Styling: Catharine Noble . Wedding Dress: Temperley ‘Saffron’ gown at Agape Bridal Boutique . Ring: Asos . Hair + Makeup: Sarah Morten .